Courage

 



"I'm still not sure about this" She mumbled                                                                                         
 "It's OK" He reassured her "I understand"                                                                                              
He reached out a finger and touched her gently.                                                                               
She looked down. The world looked smaller but somehow was bigger from up here, as if everything had been shrunk to fit into the space.                                                                                                     
"I.......I think I've forgotten what to do" She stammered.        
"Just take a breath, there's no rush" He replied.
She took a long, deep breath in a released a huge sigh.
"Now listen to the wind around you. Close your eyes, it may help"
She closed her eyes and listened.
The wind whistled all around her. It rustled the leaves and made the rubbish clutter along the street below. She felt its cold touch as it swirled around her. 
She opened up her arms as wide as she could, spreading out as much as possible to feel that icy breeze.
"I've got this" She thought.
"You've got this" He whispered.
She leapt with a sudden boost of energy and started to soar, a sense of accomplishment and exhilaration overwhelming her.
He stood, tall and proud as she left his sight, heading to the horizon.
"Another one flies the nest" He sighed.                                                                   
                                                        

Comments

Popular Posts